Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cafe Rio Pork

This pork is to die for- so yummy and really tastes like Cafe Rio...

3 lb. pork loin
16 oz. chunky salsa (put in blender until chunks are gone)
1 can coke
2 cups brown sugar

Put pork loin in crock pot and cover half the pork with water. Cook on high for 5 hours. Drain water, cut pork into 1/3rds, pull fat off and shred with a fork. Mix sauce together (salsa, coke and br. sugar) pour over pork and cook another 3 hrs. on high. Leave on low until ready to serve.

Cafe Rio Dressing

3 tomotillos-peel off paper and chop
1 hidden valley ranch dressing packet
1 cup of mayo
1 cup cilantro chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped (this is a little strong for me, I would probably only do 1 but you know me and garlic)
1/2 -1/3 c. buttermilk

Mix all ingredients in a blender and serve.

I served with, lettuce, shredded cheese, black beans, and tortillas.

3 comments:

Linds said...

Yeah, yum! I love Cafe Rio. Thanks!

Missi Waldron said...

I cannot wait to try this (it's on the calendar for Feb I think). I love having candy for dinner :)!

Missi Waldron said...

I made this tonight, and it was AWESOME!! Thanks, Krissy, for a great recipe!